It’s 2016 but we have some unfinished business with 2015!
I decided to do a 2015 Favourites instead of doing just December favourites, as I would be repeating some of them. Also, I had to do a seperate lipsticks favourites as I have too many and it would a very long blog post. So lets get to it.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette – Bought it on the later half of the year and fell in love. It has six powders and all of these are beautiful. Bit pricey, but you need just a little as its very pigmented and will last for long. Have used it almost every time I did my makeup. I would say go and get it if you it is in stock because its Limited Edition.
- Maccosmetic’s Face and Body Foundation – Gosh its one of best foundation I have tried on my skin, which works in humidity (as I live one third of the year in India) as well as in the UK (super cold and dry) and gives me a flawless finish. It makes my skin look so good that it makes me happy from within. Plus its waterproof! So rainy season is sorted! Hell YEAH!!
- Benefit’s Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer – I would say its better than the Porefessional Primer. It keeps the foundation in place. Also controls the oil from my skin, especially in the humid weather of India. If you have oily skin, then it might be the answer. And I have a oily thing going.
- Diorskin Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Booster Blush – It’s a favourite from 2013. I just love how healthy and pretty it makes me feel. Gives a flush of colour like after you had a gym session. And we all know I don’t go to gym so I cheat with this. After application it reacts with your skin and adjusts to tone. I haven’t used anything as beautiful as this. Even though it looks kinda scary at first sight, but its one of my best beauty buys ever.
- Nar’s Casino Bronzer – I used it more as my eyeshadow shade and contour than my bronzer. Even though you shouln’t used bronzer as your contour. But I am a rebel so I did. It’s more of a darker version of the cult favourite Laguna Bronzer. I have used it so much the past year.
- Maccosmetic’s Prep n Prime Lip balm – Bought it in the middle of the year as I was using a lot of matte lipsticks. I wanted something that would help keep my lips from getting so dehydrated. And this worked as a charm. This is a holy grail product if you are a matte lipstick addict like me. Go ahead and get it and thank me later.
- YSL’s TouchéÉclat in No.3 – Umm…..a cult favourite. Winner of so many beauty awards over the years. It corrects and highlights my under eye area. I love the staying power and the colour just makes me look all human again. I don’t think you can go wrong with it.
- The Balm’s Mary-Lou Manizer – Later half of the year purchase. I am very skeptical about highlighters on me, but this one brings out my inner Jlo.
- Nar’s Loose Setting Powder – It’s just like any other setting powder. But for skin tones like mine, setting powders are bit tricky to find as it can look like a white/grey cast on your face. Nobody wants that look. This doesn’t do that. Controls my unnecessary oils and without changing or oxidizing the foundation keeps it looking fresh and skin like.
- Loreal’s Miss Punky Mascara in Mega Black – It gives my lashes wings! Not quite literally but you get the gist. If you want thick, long smoky volumious looking eyelashes you might like this one. I would say I was bit skeptical about this one in the beginning as it made my eye lashes clumpy. But after it dried out a bit I would say it got so better. It’s more of a glam up look. I love it.
- Maybelline’s Lash Sensational Mascara in Intense Black – This one on the other hand was love as first use. This one is not as intense as the above one. But it’s so fluttery and flirty! Makes me feel so feminine. It’s more of a girl next door with pretty big lashes look. I have used up two of these this past year. So that’s saying something.
- Scandaleyes Waterproof Black Kohl – A dupe of the Urban Decay Perversion Eye liner. It’s cheap, drugstore, waterproof, intense black, long lasting. And I don’t know what else you could want from an eye liner. I have gone through so many that I have lost count.
- Sleek Eyebrow Pencil in Dark – Dupe alert for Hourglass Arch brow pencil. It’s waxy consistency and the colour match its perfect for my sparse brows. So easy to use. I should have bought it years back. .Sigh…
- Charlotte Tilbury’s Dolce Vita Palette – Oh the sparkles! I don’t think I ever loved a eyeshadow palette as much as this one. It’s so pretty. Highly pigmented and feels so luxurious to use.
- Maccosmetic’s paint pot in Indianwood – Indian/ South Asian skin tones can rock one thing for sure and that is gold on their eye lids. This is a perfect one in my opinion after searching for the glistening sun shine on your eyelids look. Yup makes me feel like Jlo.
I hope this blog post gives you some new recommendations for the new year. If you want me to do and indepth review of one of the products do let me know. Also what were your favourites of 2015? Do share!!
See you all in the next post!!
Love and best wishes of 2016! xoxo