Recently I wrote a blog post on my Makeup Favourites of 2015. Check that out if you haven’t already!! I didn’t include the lippies there, as the blog post would have got too long to read. And like most of us nobody has time for reading long rants about stuff! It gets boring to read and also to write. So I decided why not seperate these in two posts.
Here comes the list of Lippies:
- Maccosmetic’s Retro Matte in All Fired Up– It’s a beautiful colour. Bright, vibrant pop of colour on your lips. Makes me look so alive. Looks great on most skin tones. But I feel in my opinion that get looks very bright on darker skin tons. It’s a Pinkish with little bit neon ish Deep Red.
- Maccosmetic’s Retro Matte in Flat Out Fabulous – Bought this on later half of the year and feel in love. Such a beautiful and different colour to describe. Is it a pink or a purple or a mauve! God knows!! Long lasting and also doesn’t dry out my lips like other retro formulas.
- Maccosmetic’s Lip Liner in Soar – The only Lip Liner I bought and wore this year. It became a sensational because of the infamous Kylie Jenner. And it was sold out everywhere. Because it was so hyped I became very curious about it. So I admit here, I went to 5 different Mac stores in 4 cities to find this one. And finally got hold of the last piece in Mumbai International Airport. Now back to the colour it’s a beautiful pinky nude which I love to wear it on it’s own. Also it’s worth the hype.
- Nar’s Matte Lip pencil in Cruella – A true Red on me. How much I wished I got this earlier. Lovely colour and texture. Not like the uncomfortable matte lipsticks. Not too long lasting though but I don’t mind that. It does makes me feel very confident.
- Nar’s Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita – Beautiful Nude that actually doesn’t look make me look dead. Very pretty colour, has a orangish tone mixed with brown thus makes it very wearable. Not very pigmented like the others. I pretty much have the whole Dolce Vita range by Nars. Looks beautiful paired with it’s sister gloss.
- Nar’s Matte Lip Pencil in Damned – Its a beautiful plum /berry colour. Perfect for winter and all year round. Good pigmentation. Very lady like. I would say makes me feel bit grown up. Long lasting and leaves a nice tint.
- Nars Christopher Kane Lip Gloss in Mezmer – It’s a sheer watermelon colour. Though from the packaging it may seem very bold. It doesn’t come off like that. Its the only gloss that I have used pretty much this year and am not a gloss kinda gal. But this one I particularly loved because it’s non sticky, gives a beautiful super glossy finish. Once the gloss goes off it leaves a beautiful stain on your lips. Also this gloss adapts to your warmth of your lips and customises the colour. So even on pigmented lips like mine it looks great.
- Ciate’s Liquid Velvet Matte Lipstick in Pin Up – I was late to join the bandwagon of Matte Liquid Lipsticks which were a major hit realise of 2015! And Oh My Gosh It’s so good. I just loved it!! A mauvy pinky nude that’s matte and stays long even after I finish a meal. I couldn’t ask for more.
- Revlon’s Matte Lip Balm in Sultry – If theres any one lippy stuff that I have used the most and that is this one. It’s my go to lip colour when I feel nothing looks good on me. It looks great with smokey or glittery or plain just lippy look. I cannot rave more about it. If you ask me which one you should get out of these. Then I would say you have to try this one out! This is a winner!
P.S. My swatches don’t do justice to these lippies. I know I am bad at it. I would say do check it out in the stores if you are interested in these. Also let me know if you know any of these and your favourite lippies of 2015!!
May we all be blessed with more amazing lippy stuff this New Years!! Have a lovely day/night my lovelies.
See ya in the next post. Till then make sure no lipstick mark is there on your teeth. LOL. xx